06 January 2012

Anse Source d'Argent: The world's most beautiful place?

The world's most beautiful place? Goodness, that's a hard one. I started thinking about it, and I thought of this place - Anse Source d'Argent, a long, long beach on the island of La Digue in the Seychelles. My husband and I took a wander down it on our honeymoon and it sort of sticks in the mind, misty after the rain on that morning, the huge grey granite boulders taking on the unreal air of a discarded film set, the giant shapes ever-changing down it's length.

Talking of film sets, a short wander away (and wander you do, because there aren't any cars on the island) is the evocative old thatched plantation house where Sylvia Kristel played Emanuelle. And as you go you see the main harvests of the island, vanilla and cupro. It's all a bit other-worldly.

So this is my Most Beautiful Place. I wonder what yours might be?
  
All photos of Anse Source d'Argent, La Digue, Seychelles
 from Flickr under CC BY license