19 December 2011

Colouring Christmas red

I saw a piece on the BBC's site called Who colour-coded Christmas? about the origins of red, green and white for Christmas (Victorian, from the painting inside churches, apparently). Interesting though it was, I can't get enthusiastic about red and green together, so I thought I'd just road-test the red component on it's own. There's something unbeatable about going straight through  in one colour. And these images are brilliant - all curves and tactility, and the wobbly jelly is wild. Our tree is all minimalism as usual, dangling little white sparkly bits. Maybe I should throw caution to the wind and have some colour?! 

1 Red Jelly by net_efekt  2 Red Rose Cupcakes by Clever Cupcakes of Montreal, Canada 3 Red Ribbon by vox_efx all from Flickr under CC BY license.