03 December 2011

fresh air and Swedish flag colours

I was up to my eyes in glue, glitter and gaudy things at my daughter's Christmas craft session last week when, through the mayhem,  my gaze settled on a pile of turquoise-y BLUE and YELLOW bricks. It was like a blast of visual fresh air. I think of them as  Swedish-flag colours, and I absolutely LOVE them: Apparently those Swedes have been using them for things heraldic since the thirteenth century; they obviously know a thing or two about colour. It's the coolest, clearest, most cheering combination I know. In this season when everything twinkles, here's a little change to refresh your vision.



1 Shed in Nuenen, Holland by Benjamin Rossen from Flickr
3 Cirque de Soleil, China Basin, by San Francisco by torbakhopper from Flickr all under CCBY license